Adelaide de Sousa is a Portuguese actress and TV show hostess that, since 1998, has developed extensive work has an advocate and supporter of social causes such as:
- The homeless, through Serve The City Portugal;
- People with intellectual disabilities, through extensive cooperation with FENACERCI;
- She’s also a spokesperson and advocate for people that have survived breast cancer, firstly through her public support of LAÇO and the Portuguese Cancer League LPCC;
- She’s the co-author of Mulheres Guerreiras, a testimonial compilation of 11 breast cancer survival stories of hope and overcoming cancer;
- She’s become aware of the physical, mental and spiritual consequences of prostitution since she interviewed Inês Fontinha, O NINHO’s former president. She’s since become a personal supporter of this NGO.